The ONLY IT Company you will EVER NEED
To find out more about our services and solutions call us now
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Managed IT Services?
Managed IT Services are the holistic, all-inclusive approach to network consulting. A Managed Services Provider (MSP) takes responsibility for the entire IT infrastructure on an ongoing basis. For a fixed monthly retainer, we provide the gamut of IT services automatically, guaranteeing 100% network up time.
Having an MSP is the opposite of the old ‘Break & Fix’ model, where when your network goes down, you wait and pay by the hour once somebody shows up to search out the problem and fix it.
How Long is a Managed Services Contract For?
Typical MSP contracts range from 1 year to 5 years and are extremely difficult to get out of. Among other steps involved it requires the client to document all incompetence or unsatisfactory work, as in a diary or journal, to show the MSP has not performed according to the contract. covary by provider. The inclusions and exclusions within each contract vary.
With IT Support LA, you’ll find a few things that make us different.
- No Contracts: We have to earn your business every day. We offer a Master Service Agreement (MSA) which either party can cancel with 30 days’ notice.
- No Hidden Fees: You won’t get blindsided half way into our agreement with balloon payments, hidden fees and other charges
- Flexible Business Model: Whether your company is upsizing or in the unfortunate event downsizing, the flexibility of our Master Service Agreement allows you to adjust your IT coverage to your ongoing business needs.
- No Contract HaaS (Hardware as a Service): We are the only IT company in the LA area that offers a hardware and licensing solution combined with our support with NO contract. We take all the risk from the beginning to build trust and establish a firm symbiotic relationship with our customers.
Who is a good candidate for Managed IT Services?
If you relate to any of these statements, chances are you are a good candidate for Managed IT Services from IT Support LA:
- You just want the darn thing to work!
- You didn’t go into your profession with the idea to become an IT guy later in your career.
- You understand what it costs your company to NOT focus on your businesses’ priorities.
- You’re sick and tired of dealing with rude, arrogant and know it all Techs who try to baffle you with GeekSpeak to get you to stop asking them questions.
- You realize that it costs WAY more for your business to be down, than the cost of a few hours of tech support.
- You’re done with finding, hiring and managing IT staff.
- You realize that your business depends on IT technology and can’t be avoided (kind of like death and taxes).
- You realize that Managed Services incentivizes your IT provider to fix issues right the first time, rather than profit off you by racking up the billable hours with temporary band aid fixes. Fixing things quickly saves us BOTH money.
- You’ve been putting up with your current IT support issues because you didn’t want the hassle of changing to another support vendor, but it has become unavoidable. With IT Support LA, changing is a snap and will not disrupt your office.
Who is not a good candidate for Managed IT Services?
Signs you might NOT be a good candidate for Managed IT Services:
- You are still using an abacus instead of a calculator (we can still help you, but you’ve got to recognize your problem and WANT to change).
- You do not measure the performance of your business and its employees and don’t care how much money you are losing.
- Your IT plan is to “keep the computers till the wheels fall off”, regardless of the risk of losing your mission critical information.
- You enjoy work arounds for your work arounds, because you seek to make your life more difficult.
- You don’t care how employees use business resources during work hours, regardless of the risk to you (lawsuits, viruses, downtime.
- Your PC doubles as an ashtray (seen it and worse).
- You might say “Well Jim’s son is pretty good with computers, he hopes to go into IT after High School, so I just call him.” (Would you be ok using him to help you with dental issues if he hoped to do that after High School?)
What are the benefits of Managed IT Services?
The biggest difference between Managed Services and contracted Standard IT services is Reactive vs Proactive. With a Standard IT services contract, when your systems are down, it quickly becomes a state of emergency: You call, and the IT person comes out and fixes it. That means your company is out of commission until the tech gets there, troubleshoots the system, diagnoses the problem and fixes it, racking up those billable hours. It also puts you in the precarious position of hoping your backup was successful, hoping that data hasn’t been corrupted by Viruses and Spyware and a litany of other “What If’s”.
Another big issue is there really is no incentive to keep your systems running efficiently and securely. In a Standard IT service contract, the IT person only gets paid when your system goes down. In a Managed Services contract, the IT Partner is incentivized to keep your systems running because they get paid a flat rate. It actually costs them more money to send a tech out, so as opposed to a standard IT person, the Managed Services Partner will do proactive maintenance and monitoring so they can predict problems before they affect your business. Managed Services is usually on a per computer basis, however IT Support LA will put together a plan unique to your office needs.
With IT Support LA solving your IT issues, you can:
- Start using your time wisely – With the basics of your company all under control, you can focus on more profitable ventures for your company.
- Save capital for important projects – With our flat rate IT and managed services, you’ll save cash every month that would have been otherwise used for your technology breakdowns.
- Enjoy exemplary uptime – Don’t worry about your network being down at awkward times anymore. With IT Support LA’s 24/7 monitoring, you can trust your network will be running when you need it.
Our custom service packages deliver what you need and want without overstepping the boundaries of your budget. From cloud services to data backup, we’re here to team up with you and your company for expert support.
So if your company is in Los Angeles, IT Support LA can help you today.